Cruel, you pull away too soon (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-07). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #606, with modern spelling and barring inserted. Transposed down a major third. Revised files uploaded 30/01/17. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 1999-12-07). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 572 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: in partbook format.
Title: Cruel, you pull away too soon
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Cruel, you pull away to soone your lips, your dainty lips,
when as you kisse mee,
But you should hould them still
and then should you blisse mee,
Now or eare I tast them,
strait away they hast them,
But you perhaps retire them,
to move my thoughts thereby
the more to fyre them.
Alas such baits you need to fynd out never:
if you would let mee,
(you should not feare)
I would kisse you.
If you would let mee
I would kisse and kisse you ever.