Dame Venus hence to Paphos go (Thomas Bateson)
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2014-05-07). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 56 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: (Typo in title)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-10). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 84 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Files revised 10/3/12, to accord with the 1840 facsimile edition, apart from some changes to the dynamics. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 29/01/19.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 50 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Dame Venus hence to Paphos go
Composer: Thomas Bateson
Original text and translations
Dame Venus hence to Paphos go, for Mars is gone to th' field(s).
He cannot tend sweet Love's embrace in hand with spear and shield.
The roaring cannons thundere(st)th, such terrors as not fit
A tender Imp of your regard, which dally'ng still doth sit.