Deh, come invan sospiro (Carlo Gesualdo)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2018-02-15). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 59 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16350, with minor adjustments to the underlay, and to slurring. Musica ficta are editorial. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Kurt Pages (submitted 2008-03-15). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 125 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Based on CPDL #5028: now original voicing (SSATB instead of SAATB), corrections of "spelling" mistakes in the music (e.g. "e#" instead of "f"), addition of forgotten lyrics etc. With German translation by the editor (revised: February 16, 2018) MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Vincent Carpentier (submitted 2003-05-12). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 292 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: revised May 28, 2004.
A4, 3 pages, 59 kB; CPDL #48825; editor: James Gibb
A4, 4 pages, 125 kB; CPDL #16350; editor: Kurt Pages
Title: Deh, come invan sospiro
Composer: Carlo Gesualdo
- Second publication together with the other Books of Madrigals (1613)}}
- Facsimile: Partitvra delli sei libri de’ Madrigali a cinqve voci — Madrigals Books I – VI (Genoa: Giuseppe Pavoni, 1613) – large download, 70 MB, 492pp
Original text and translations
Deh, come invan sospiro,
Ach, wie vergebens seufze ich,
Ah! How I sigh in vain,