Expectans expectavi (Charles Wood)
- Editor: Ben Byram-Wigfield (submitted 2019-09-22). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 210 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Peter Gibson (submitted 2006-10-23). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 307 kB Copyright: Personal
- Acorn Sibelius 7 file zipped.
- Edition notes: Edition based on that of The Year Book Press series of Anthems and Church Music. (A. C. Black Ltd.)
Description: The title alludes to Psalm 40
- Live Recording (The Choir of Somerville College, Oxford; David Crown, conductor; Robert Smith, organ)
Original text and translations
This sanctuary of my soul,
Unwitting I keep white and whole,
Unlatch'd and lit, if Thou should'st care
To enter or to tarry there.
With parted lips and outstretch'd hands,
And list'ning ears Thy servant stands.
Call Thou early, call Thou late,
to Thy great service dedicate.
My soul, keep white, and whole.