Ich trau auf Gott, was soll's denn sein, SWV 107 (Heinrich Schütz)
- (Posted 2019-04-04) CPDL #53871:
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2019-04-04). Score information: A4, 1 page, 54 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original prints. Continuous barlines are in the original score. Original Note values retained, clefs modernized. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-08-19). Score information: A4, 1 page, 30 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from the Blankenburg edition at IMSLP. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
First published: 1628 in Psalmen Davids, Op. 5. Revised by Schütz in 1661, no. 11
2nd published: 1894 in Heinrich Schütz: Sämtliche Werke, Volume 16, no. 11
3rd published: 1957 in Neue Schütz-Ausgabe, Volume 6, p. 11
Description: Psalm 11 from the Becker Psalter.
The original prints only provide a very few hyphens in the text underlay. In both editions in modern times Spitta (1894) and Blankenburg (1957) misinterpreted the text underlay of the 1st verse "Der Gottloſs Bog ge ſpan net iſt" as "Der Gott-los'n Bo-gen span-net ist" However, especially the 1626 edition clearly reveals that the correct text is "Der Gott-los'n Bog' ge-span-net ist"
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 11.