My heart, why hast thou taken (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-23). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14981, transposed down a major 2nd. MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-02). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 53 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: My heart, why hast thou taken
Composer: Thomas Morley
Description: 1st part of a 2-part madrigal, the 2nd part being Still it frieth
Original text and translations
My heart, why hast thou taken,
And forgot and forsaken?
Thou dost it lest, inspired
With his enclosed flames, thy heart be fired.