Something stirs (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2016-01-05). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 22 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2016
Original text and translations
1. Something stirs when heaven opens,
Sweeping, birdlike, toward the land.
Something moves to make a dwelling
in an outstretched, upturned hand --
2. That which animates beginnings,
brooding over sea and mud,
and which nurtures re-creation,
angel of the ending flood,
3. Soaring over wave and mountain,
circling where the waters sing,
swooping near the desert river,
rushing toward the Fisher King.
4. Brooding, soaring, rushing Spirit,
as we trace your forward flight,
may our hands reach out, a dwelling
where a migrant bird may light.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.