Talk:Messa a quattro voci (Giovanni Grossi)
Errors in Croci editions
Some are errors, some disagreements over the editor's choice of musica ficta. Credo was not reviewed.
- Bar 22, bass, b should be 2 crotchets so that the word underlay is the same rhythm as the alto part:
- (bar 22) - "-le-i-son e-" (bar 23) "le---i-"
- Bar 27, alto, all notes in this bar should be d sharp, not e flat.
- Bar 10: alto & tenor, should be f sharp not natural. (bar 12 return to naturals)
- Bar 71: alto should have f sharp on the f at the beginning of the bar as well as the penultimate note of the bar
- The word underlay of the soprano and bass should be the same as the tenor, thus:
- (bar 17) no-bis, do- (bar 18) --na no-bis (bar 19) pa---- (bar 20) -cem.
Bobnotts 14:18, 20 January 2007 (PST)
- Bar 48: Bass - pecceta for peccata.
- Bar 51: Tenor - misererre for miserere.
- Various minor textual discrepancies.
- Bar 63: Tenor & Bass - fissus for fixus.
- Bar 64: Alto - fixsus for fixus.
- Bar 92: Bass - et missing.
- Bars 95-98: Bass - underlay missing.
- Bar 102: Tenor - mor- displaced one note to left.
- Bars 107-111: Bass - underlay missing.
- Bars 121-125: Bass - underlay missing.
- Bars 134-137: Bass - underlay missing.
- Bars 145-148: Bass - underlay missing.
- Bars 157-160: Bass - underlay missing.
- Bar 161: Tenor - litam for vitam.
- Bars 169-172: Bass - underlay missing.