Thine be the glory (George Frideric Handel)
- Editor: Robert Nottingham (submitted 2013-05-11). Score information: A4, 1 page, 26 kB Copyright: CC BY-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
- Edition notes: Does not include melody line.
- Arranger: Ian Roberts
- Editor: Daniel Rouwkema (submitted 2009-07-28). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 25 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Published 2004. Includes melody line.
- Arranger: Daniel Rouwkema
Title: Thine be the Glory
Tune-name: A TOI LA GLOIRE (arr. from "See the conquering Hero comes" from Judas Maccabaeus)
Composer: George Frideric Handel
Lyricist: Edmond L. Budrycreate page (1854–1932), 1884, translated from French to English by Richard B. Hoyle (1875–1939), 1923
Description: Descants for the last verse of the Easter-Hymn 'Thine be the glory'
Original text and translations
No more we doubt thee, glorious prince of life.
Life is nought without thee; aid us in our strife.
Make us more than conquerors, through thy deathless love;
Bring us safe through Jordan to thy home above.
Thine is the glory, risen conquering Son;
Endless is the vict’ry thou o’er death hast won.