To think like Jesus is to risk (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-10). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Description: Proper 28, Year A
Original text and translations
1. To think like Jesus is to risk
the many gifts we have from God,
not guard or bury secretly
our treasure in congenial sod.
2. God gives us wealth of soul to dare
ten thousand good, creative deeds;
still there are times when saints decline
to grow the gifts the Spirit seeds.
3. We hold a story that explodes
with news God's mercies never fail.
Why speak the words as if they made
a merely cautionary tale?
4. We can live boldly with a God
who ventures grace so dauntlessly,
and learn to take, like Jesus did,
the risk of generosity.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.