User talk:William Armiger
Getting composition allocated within particular season category
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to use for this. I'm a relative newcomer to CPDL Composers and have uploaded a number of pieces. How do I set about getting an already uploaded piece listed within, say, Music for Holy Week? Serlo (talk) 11:16, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, Bill. The straight way to do this could be adding "[[Category:Holy Week]]" at the bottom of the 'Texts and translations' section. Then you'd check if it appears on that page: Category:Holy Week. Anyway, there, you'll see four subcategories under Holy Week, so you'd choose one, for example adding rather [[Category:Maundy Thursday]]. Claude (talk) 11:38, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the response.
- I tried opening up the piece, pressed 'edit' but cannot find a way simply to insert the helpful detail sent by Claude T (incidentally, is there a way of replying to that helpful advice within the forum?)
- Do I have to complete the set-up page again, make a new edition and upload and over-write with further pdf and mp3 copies?
- Sorry to be dim in all this !!
- \Bill Serlo (talk) 15:56, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- I meant that you have only to go to the work page to categorize as such (but you never say which work). At the bottom of that page, at the right of "Texts and translations", you have "Edit". Click there. Under Category:Sheet music, under the second category line, add your category line, the third, as I wrote it above. Don't know if it is worth a thread in the forums, anyway. Also, here, on your talk page you can sign typing four tildes in a row. ;-) Claude (talk) 16:55, 1 March 2017 (UTC)