Missa pro defuncto Archiepiscopo Sigismundo (Johann Michael Haydn)
- Score information: A4, 16 pages, 722 kB
- Score information: A4, 11 pages, 397 kB
- Score information: A4, 5 pages, 216 kB
- Score information: A4, 3 pages, 120 kB
- Score information: A4, 5 pages, 200 kB
- Score information: A4, 4 pages, 150 kB
- Score information: A4, 5 pages, 221 kB
- Score information: A4, 6 pages, 212 kB
- Score information: A4, 13 pages, 480 kB
- Editor: Michael Gibson (submitted 2008-03-16). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard version of the original accompaniment.
Title: Missa pro defuncto Archiepiscopo Sigismondo
Composer: Johann Michael Haydn
First published: written 1771
Description: This work was written in 1771 when Michael Haydn was Director of Music for the Archbishop of Salzburg. The Mozart family were active in Salzburg at that time, and this Requiem clearly had a profound effect on the young Mozart, whose own Requiem of some 20 years later shows the influence of this earlier work.
External websites: This is a different work from the unfinished Requiem of 1806 at IMSLP
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Requiem.