Talk:Ein deutsches Requiem, Op. 45 (Johannes Brahms)
Comparison with other editions
CPDL Edition #11832 was compared with Rieter-Biedermann edition 592, with Eulenburg edition EE 6054, and with Peters edition 10115, that are considered as reference editions herein. All reference editions are available at IMSLP. The comparison is limited to notes of the choral parts (no comparison was performed on lyrics). The following differences were identified:
- Denn alles Fleisch (CPDL #11826)
- Alto, bar 296: the only note is D in the reference editions, not C.
- Organ pedals, bar 202/beat 3: E natural should be E flat
- Herr, lehre doch mich (CPDL #11827)
- Bass solo, bar 48: the only note is D in the reference editions, not B(b).
- Bass, bar 48: the first note is B(b) in the reference editions, not D (swapped with bass solo).
- Ihr habt nun Traurigkeit (CPDL #11829)
- Bass, bar 34: the only note is F# in the reference editions, not G.