- (Posted 2019-01-16) CPDL #52935:
- Editor: Richard Mix (submitted 2019-01-16). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: original notated pitch with halved note values
- (Posted 2019-01-04) CPDL #52795: original pitch: 4th higher for mixed vv.:
- Editor: Richard Mix (submitted 2019-01-04). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 61 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: after DTÖ
Title: Dicit Dominus implete
Composer: Heinrich Isaac
Lyricist: John 2:7-11create page
Number of voices: 4vv Voicings: ATTB or SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet, Communion for Domenica 1. post oct. Epiphaniae (OT2)
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1550 in Choralis Constantinus, Volume 1
Description: Wedding at Cana
Original text and translations
Dicit Dominus: Implete hydrias aqua,
et ferte architriclino.
Cum gustasset architriclinus aquam vinum factam,
dicit sposo: Servasti vinum bonum usque adhuc.
Hoc signum fecit Jesus primum coram discipulis suis.
Iesvs saith to them, Fil the vvater-pottes vvith vvater.
[…] and carie to the cheefe stevvard.
And after the cheefe stevvard tasted the vvater made vvine,
[he] calleth the bridegrome, and saith to him,
But thou hast kept the good vvine until novv.
This beginning of miracles did IESUS in Cana of Galilee: and he manifested his glorie, and his disciples beleeued in him. (John 2:7ff, Rheims ver. 1635)