Wiegenlied, Op. 49, No. 4 (Johannes Brahms)
Original voicing and instrumentation
- Editor: Juliane Claudi (submitted 2009-08-27). Score information: A4, 1 page, 17 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: solo voice & piano in E-flat. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Contributor: David Newman (submitted 2008-07-10). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 125 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Cross posting by Art Song Central.
- Editor: Angelina Figus (submitted 2015-12-25). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 97 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arrangement by Angelina Figus for a boy choir and a little instrumental ensemble
- Editor: Arjen Bax (submitted 2008-05-01). Score information: A4, 1 page, 44 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: arr. for SSA
- Editor: Jose Miguel Galan (submitted 2004-01-14). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 75 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Spanish choral arrangement for Solo voice and SATB by Jose Miguel Galán
- Note: File recovered using the WayBackMachine of http://archive.org
- Editor: Eva Toller (submitted 2001-05-08). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 105 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Look for 'wgutenabend' file. Arrangement by Eva Toller for SATB, midi files available for each part
Description: The 1st stanza text appears in ‘Des Knaben Wunderhorn’ III (1808), appendix ‘Kinderlieder’: ‘Gute Nacht, mein Kind!’;as well as in ‘Kinderlieder. Reime, Sprüche und Abzählverse’ (1848) by Karl Joseph Simrock. The 2nd stanza is by Georg Scherer (1849).
- Scanned score of the first print from Brahms Institute at the University of Music Lübeck (Germany)
- Gateway to German Lieder (Google books) with english translation and IPA transcription
Original text and translations
Guten Abend, gut’ Nacht,
Rest thee, darling, good night,
Buenas noches mi amor